I post too quickly. :)
After hitting "Save" on that last post, I figured out a few other ways to change consolidate the TOC. (And oddly, I expanded it in one way as well.)
This time, I've cut it down to 20 chapters and combined further. Personalization and Sharing are no longer separate chapters but are now covered in the introduction to Metro chapter. The previous separate Getting Started and Understanding Your New Phone sections are just one section, Getting Started, with three chapters. I moved the migrating from iOS and Android chapter to the very end since it's almost an appendix type thing.
As for that addition: I'm going to cover Nokia apps in the utility apps chapter since so many Windows Phone 8 users will have Nokia devices and many of them are excellent and platform differentiators.
OK. I'll stop tweaking the TOC for a while. Getting to the 20 chapter point was somehow satisfying. I will renumber and repost the current chapters and Book soon.
The new TOC...
1. Why Windows Phone? Include Choosing the Right Handset
2. Windows Phone and Accounts
3. Metro: The Windows Phone User Experience – Include personalization and sharing
More Than a Phone
4. You and Your Friends: Me and the People Hub
5. Phone, Skype and VoIP
7. Bing Search and Maps
8. Windows Phone Store and Apps
11. Browsing the Web with Internet Explorer
12. Office + OneNote
13. Windows Phone Utility Apps – Microsoft and Nokia
Entertainment and Games
14. Music, Videos, and Podcasts
15. Photos – Camera, Photos hub
Taking It to the Next Level
17. Integrating with PCs and devices
18. Security and Networking – Includes Kid’s Corner and Wallet
19. Windows Phone at Work: Business Features
20. Migrating from Android or iOS